9.23.2010

Ghosts of designs past...

Well, not ghosts so much as old sketches from my college days. It's been a while since I designed the old-fashioned way, with paper and pencil, so my current sketches are a bit... dubious, but here's some of my old favorites from back when I could still draw. I really like these ones because, unlike a lot of my sketches before, these are all meant to interact with each other.

Enjoy "The Misanthrope" - featuring all sorts of 17th century goodness! Did you know that trendy men wore shoes with red heels? And women wore hair pieces to make their dos wider and fuller? Ribbons and lace were quite hip for the discerning gentleman, but ladies preferred gauzy chiffon and curly ringlets to frame their heavily rouged faces.


Du Bois
Alceste
Oronte
Celimene
Clitandre
Arsinoe
Eliante
Philinte

No comments: