9.21.2010

Superhero Party Photos!

And after a long hiatus, I'm going to try this again.

First up:
Pics of the costume I was working on when last I left you. It was all finished in time for the party, complete with boots (well, sock things, anyway) gloves, and a cape! Woo-hoo!
For most of it, I just used old fabric I had lying around, plus a blue prom dress, and a lot of iridescent aquamarine fabric paint:
The costume in its entirety.

Detail of cape and skirt train. Awesome!

Sorta detail on the fins coming off my cape and gloves.

And now! You get to see how crafty my pals are with photos from the Superhero Party. Quite spectacular and amazing! (Since this was over a year ago, I'll do my best to remember who/what everyone was!)
HEROES!
ROBIN

NEO - you know, from the Matrix? (I was going to be all cool and photoshop all of these, but it was REALLY time consuming.)

Invisible Man!INVISIBLE MAN!

SUPER LAURA

ELEKTRA


MR. & MRS. INCREDIBLE

crap! I can't remember!

THE GREAT AMERICAN HERO

TIN HAT MAN


PAPER GIRL
Okay, so this is the coolest freakin' costume, EVER! Michelle creates splendiferous things with paper, as this costume is evidence. The entire thing, except for the boots, is made of paper.

Detail of the Paper Girl costume. It's held together with staples.


VILLAINS!


The GARDENER!
Sandy's was particularly cool, since she put the entire thing together at the party using supplies I left out on the table!


An evil fellow.BARON VonEVIL (or something like that.)


GROUCHY DUDE (okay, I made that one up)

PONTIUS PUPAE (like a moth - get it? There's a furry "P" on his chest)

AQUA VELVA (yours truly)

So, a good time was had by all...
... that is, until things got a little out of hand.

No comments: